The Railroad Crossing includes planned improvements to extend Canyon Road East from Pioneer Way East to 52nd Street East:
- Constructing a bridge over the Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railroad Mainline.
- Expanding and extending Canyon Road East to two lanes in each direction with turn lanes at intersections.
- Building concrete curb, gutter and sidewalk.
- Constructing an enclosed storm drain system as well as stormwater treatment and storage facilities.
- Installing a new traffic signal at Canyon Road East/Pioneer Way East.
- Constructing a wetland mitigation site.
- Closing the existing 52nd Street East street level rail crossing.
- Final design is under way.
- Environmental documentation for the Railroad Crossing portion of the project is complete.